Friday, February 18, 2011

New partner, 1 computer classroom, autonomous learners

I have to admit that I can't wait to work with my partners Mbarek and Palwasha. Though I haven't quite understood how exactly this will be done. I always like Mbarek's and Palwasha's posts and we share more or less similar teaching contexts. I also like the fact that we'll work on PPP.
Concerning one computer classroom, it is OK if you also have a projector where you can project things for everyone to see. In my teaching context I can only bring my own laptop to the classroom and have the students watch on the screen sth I've downloaded as there is no internet connection.
I can't say it's ideal but at least it is sth different, sth innovative and students like it a lot. Gradually, students will start working on their PCs to carry out their own research and make their own PPP.
All the above can help make our students autonomous, independent learners who will continue life long learning after the end of the particular course. After all the aim of every teacher is (or should be) to make him/her self reduntant. To provide the students with skills that can help them improve themselves.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Anglea
    your are lucky to have found your partners. good luck for you. I like what you said about using your computer in the classroom and that students like that. I also agree with you that all of these techniques can help to make our students atonomous learners who will continue to be life long learners.
    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angela,
    Bringing laptop to classroom is very good idea. I often do so and has facilitated us a lot. I believe we can do so many other works through computers/laptops despite the videos only. Interactive presentations and such other child-centered activities can easily be performed with laptops/computers.
    I like your comments on nicenet. They give me much to learn.
    Take care,
    Naqib

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela ,
    Thank you for joining me and Palwasha to work as a team . What I figure out is that we will try to see students powerpoints representing their projects and submit some kind of feedback . The fact that " we share more or less similar teaching contexts" is a strength to help uscollaborate and share more and more :-)
    Cheers
    Mbarek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela

    I think there is a lot about working in teams that we can benefit from. You have some great teammates, I agree.

    The peer reading should center around reading the drafts of your group members, reading what they have written about their project reports. Be sure to check in with me if your group has any questions.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete