Saturday, February 5, 2011

PBL & Webquests

Another week is about to finish and how much we've gained!
 I'm planning to put PBL and Webquests into action in my Technical Vocational Senior High School. The problem is that although there are two computer labs in my school I can't take turn to use them. Both labs are occupated by the teachers of informatics. What I'll do is to assign web search as homework as most of the teachers have internet acess at home. Then the students can print out what they have found and use it in the classroom. Of course this is not actually a computer enhanced lesson but it's the best I can do so far. Another thing I can do is to carry out crosscurricular tasks with the teacher of informatics. Maybe I can arrange with him to let the students carry out the research during his lesson.
I hope all this will work out  

4 comments:

  1. Well, Angela. I think you can get pretty good results by working collaboratively with the IT teacher.

    There are lots of possibilities. Read the message I sent you. It tells a lot about it. Plus, take a look at this: http://www.terra.es/personal/nostat/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Angela,
    I thank you for your time to time comments with good ideas.
    Skype and Elluminate may help you. They are freely available soft wares online. They can be used for classroom environment. Elluminate is specially designed for classroom environment. Please go with them and try them for better work. As they are for distance learning therefore, use them after classes at home. They can give another opportunity of teaching and learning at home.
    Take care,
    Naqib

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Angela,

    If you are that worried about the availability of computers for teaching using WebQuests, you can export them in MS Word or PDF format and print them out. This way, you can still have PBL/WebQuests without worry about computers. After all, you've even mentioned that it is not a computer based lesson.

    Cheers

    Shuhudha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Juan, Naquib, Shuhuda,
    Thank you all for your support, your ideas and the useful advice. I hope everything will work out.

    See you on line
    Angela

    ReplyDelete